- 10 oz. dried pasta of your choice (we used thin spaghetti)
- olive oil
- 8 oz. shrimp, peeled, deveined, and thoroughly pat dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 8 oz. shiitake mushrooms (about 10-12), thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (salt levels vary across different brands. Try to find a low sodium version)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for your pasta. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over high heat, until the pan is almost smoking. Sear the shrimp just until opaque and crisp on the outside. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic and shallots. Sautee until beginning to caramelize, about 2 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and caramelize, 5-7 minutes. If the pan is looking a little dry, add a bit more olive oil.
- Boil pasta according to package directions, drain, and reserve a cup of pasta water. Deglaze the mushrooms with white wine and cook for another two minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Get full recipe >> CLICK HERE